This week I started the Heal Thy Money Mindset course with Angela Maree.
I have to say I am excited to shift my money situation ... yes!! Go me!!
Taking the power back and educating myself feels great.
But honestly, I am scared of what I'll uncover is holding me back.
There is OBVIOUSLY something holding me back ... right?
I mean, if there wasn't I'd already be a millionaire author / teacher ... travelling the world ... donating my time to charities that empower women ... and going to Oprah's for Super Soul Conversation podcast recording sessions.
So, what I'm saying is ... I'm worried ...
What if the beliefs that are holding me back are stupid?
What if I'M too stupid to understand how money really works?
What if the beliefs are trivial, dumb and I can't make excuses for not taking action anymore?
What if I'M not capable of taking the steps necessary to be financially free?
What if the beliefs holding me back are an integral part of my family's mindset and I'd alienate them by changing?
What if I become wealthy and my family don't love me anymore?
What if ...
What if ...
What if ...
Is it just ME?
Do YOU think like this too?
What if ... these worries are beliefs in disguise?
Ohhhhhhhh yes ... sneaky ... huh?
Well, there is a saying 'feel the fear and do it anyway' - and I finally understood what this statement really meant (in practise) while writing and publishing my book last year. This growth step ... of doing this Money Mindset course ... feels the same.
Eckhart Tolle says that human beings need to have challenges to grow, as individuals and as a society.
This makes SO MUCH SENSE to me!
Don't we grow the MOST when we are faced with challenges?
If life was easy all the time, we'd just stay the same.
So, what to do now?
Well, I will soothe and support myself by:
a) doing the exercises in the course with complete honesty ... what's the point otherwise?
b) celebrating the little wins ... for example: I got 17/48 (35%) on the Money Health Quiz ... turns out my money health is okay.
I thought I'd only get 5/48 ... Yes!! High five!!
c) sharing my fears with trusted friends and people in the course.
d) taking small steps forward (action shifts anxiety).
e) reminding myself of WHY I am doing this course (to be more financially aware and secure).
f) being MY OWN cheerleader ... there is no-one better than you to lift you up.
I will keep you updated about my revelations and AHA moments.
And if you are interested in checking out Angela Maree's website it's www.healthymoney.co
Blessings Pip x
So, I suspect you have spent most of January trying to DO the items on your list of New Year's Resolutions ... right?
Okay, how's that going for you?
Most people say that after about a week ... they have put the list in a drawer (or the bin) and stopped thinking about it.
And I TOTALLY get it! I've been there.
So, my suggestion to you is to try something different ...
I'd like you to consider an UN-TO-DO list ...
1. Energy-zapping people ... UN-TO-DO them by giving yourself space. You know who I'm talking about. Those people who drain you when they speak to you on the phone. Those energy-vampires. Yep that person you are thinking about now ... THEM. Take a step away. Take a step back. Don't answer the phone every time. Just take a breath and UN-TO-DO them.
2. Energy-zapping food ... UN-TO-DO this by taking a bit more notice of how your body feels. You can make better choices. You've done it before, I'm sure. Maybe you could drive home today and make something yummy, rather than stopping at KFC on your way home from work. It's about UN-TO-DOING each day. Baby steps.
3. Over-doing the over-thinking ... UN-TO-DO it by distracting yourself. First you stop and check-in when your mind is starting to go crazy about the annoying boss, the messy housemate or how badly you did on that project. Ask yourself 'Is this thought going to make me feel better or worse?' ... here's a tip - it usually IS going to make it worse ...
Second, DO ANYTHING ELSE ... get up, make a cup of tea, go to the other room, pick up a book, change the channel, do a push-up, roll over, walk outside or round the block, ring a friend and talk about THEM, ... your mind will go where you tell it.
4. Obsessively being on Social Media vs Socialising ... UN-TO-DO this by putting your phone in your bag instead of on the table during meetings or meals. You can also practise calling people, instead of texting or sending messages online. We are social beings. We need other humans to survive. When I re-connect in a real way and I feel 100% better.
5. More hateful than grateful ... UN-TO-DO this by practising not judging others (or yourself) and instead, loving & supporting others (or yourself). This one is easier said than done. I like Louise Hay's morning meditation - she takes you through a process of saying thank you to your bed, your toaster, your shower ... all those ordinary things that make our lives more comfortable. The power of gratitude is seriously underestimated.
6. Doing someone else's TO-DO list rather than your own Soul List ... UN-TO-DO this by noticing how you feel when you go about your daily routine. Those feelings of frustration, resentment and dissatisfaction are a great indicator of not being on your Soul's path. You can start feeling a lot better about your life by adding more things on your Soul List into your day. I like to aim for 50% things I do for me and 50% things I do for others.
7. Focusing on what you can't control ... UN-TO-DO this by knowing the truth ... and the truth is ... you can control what YOU think. You can control what YOU do. You can control what YOU believe. Love yourself enough to stop trying to control anything else.
If you need help to create or implement your UN-TO-DO list, let me know.
p.s. The UN-TO-DO list was created by Karen Salmansohn - https://www.notsalmon.com/
This week's blog is about money ... the truth about my money.
I’m reading a book right now by Brene Brown (called ‘The Gifts of Imperfection’) and she talks about the power of being vulnerable and sharing shame.
As I read, honestly, I am triggered.
As I write this blog now, I am triggered.
You probably are too.
I’m thinking about all the things I could be sharing, but I’m not because I’m ashamed.
I’m thinking about what it would be like to be powerfully vulnerable.
So, in line with the theme of my book and my business of teaching people how to honour their authentic self, I am going to share something with you.
Did you know that people get more triggered by conversations about money than they do about sex? True.
In December I decided to finally look at my money with honest eyes, and it was clear I needed to radically change my money mindset.
So I spoke to a debt consolidation company and I was advised, based on my circumstances (personal loan and credit cards from 10 years ago), to declare bankruptcy. I was VERY reluctant to consider this.
I was triggered with shame and pride.
I didn’t want to be ‘that sort of person’.
What sort of person?
A person who didn’t manage their money well. A person who failed with their money.
Yep ... I was very 'judgey'!
But I realised that I needed to accept that I had NOT managed my money well. That was the truth.
I needed to accept and forgive myself for money decisions from 10 years ago that I couldn’t afford or sustain anymore.
And I needed to be willing to consider the option being offered to me.
So I got lots of advice - accountants, financial advisers, my sister (grin) ... and I decided to accept the offer.
The process was surprisingly painless.
It was the most loving thing I could do for myself.
It will not affect the running of my business at all.
The main thing that is affected is that I can't get credit for the next 3 years - and since I'm not planning on owning a home anytime soon, not being able to get a credit card or personal loan is probably the best thing anyone has ever done for me.
I will be forced to live within my means and save for anything I really want.
I also booked in for a 10 week “Heal Thy Money Mindset” course (with Angela Maree).
Check out her website: https://healthymoney.co/
Most importantly, I’m now moving into the new decade feeling lighter, more relaxed and more excited ... without the anchor of my past money mindset. I'm calling it "The Buzz Light-year Project" ... TO INFINITY AND BEYOND!!
Did you know that 28,000 people go through this process every day? ... I know?! WTF!? Right??
It is a lot more common that we know.
Did you know that speaking out about our shame reduces the pain. (P.s. it works with fear too.)
If you would like to share ... to help alleviate your shame ... you are welcome to reply to my email.
I will deeply honour that sharing and hold your heart (and the information) in confidence.
Blessings and love.
This weeks blog is about YOU being ALLOWED to find personal fulfilment and peace.
Do you think you are allowed?
Do you know that’s your divine right?
Do you truly feel worthy of that?
I wasn’t sure what to write for my first blog of the decade.
Then I watched a video this morning on my Facebook feed that made me cry.
Not because I was unhappy, but because it resonated deep in my soul.
It was a sequence of events over the last year where women stood up, stepped out and spoke the truth.
These women won Academy and Emmy awards, were promoted to leadership positions, were the first female astronauts to do a space walk, were the top sports people in their field, and they were speaking loudly and passionately about equality.
They were not ... and I am definitely not ‘man-bashing’.
Men and women are equally important to the balance and success of the planet.
What I really heard during this video is that I am ... and we all are ... ALLOWED to find personal fulfilment and success and peace and joy and love and ... and ... and ... whatever we want.
This reminder was profound.
This reminder moved me.
This was a reminder of why I do what I do ...
It became very clear, while writing my book over the last 2 years, that my ‘why’ is to support women as they rediscover their authentic self and then lovingly express that in the world with confidence.
Do you know who you are?
Do you know why you do what you do?
Do you know how to move into the next decade with confidence?
Let me know if you need some help.
Offers for January and February 2020:
90 minute oracle card reading & numerology for 2020 coaching session $144 (includes recording & handouts)
*can be online or phone session
90 minute vision board coaching session $144 (includes all materials and vision board process worksheet)
*can be online or phone session
90 minute coaching and reiki energy healing session $144 (includes full chakra balance)
*only available in person
Link to the video on my Facebook page: www.facebook.com.au/consciouscoursesandtherapies
I look forward to supporting you this year and into this new decade.
All Angel Card Reading Angel Protection Arthritis Relief Asthma Relief Benefits Of Reiki Breathing Burn Relief Chakra Cleansing Chakras Cleansing The Third Eye Cleansing Yourself Clearing Yourself Communicate With Your Angels Crystal Grids And Layouts Crystals Deepak Chopra Emotional Pain Relief Energy Centres Of The Body Focused Intention Focus Your Mind Follow Through On Plans Geometric Shapes Headache Relief Healing Improve Your Intuition Intuitive Readings Learn How To Read People's Energy Letting Go Of Hurt Mantras Masuru Emoto Meditation Meditation Classes Mediumship Negative Energy Pain Relief Past Life Meditation And Healing Pendulums Protecting Yourself Psychic Development Reiki Energy Healing Reiki Level One Course Relaxation Resolutions Sanskrit Stress Relief Well-Being Magazine