This weeks blog is about remembering your dreams ... not your weekly goals or long-held desires to achieve greatness, I mean the 'I am almost awake and have had a brilliant idea for my blog ... and now it's disappeared in the blink of an eye' dreams. *grin*
So, I thought I would share with you some simple tips for holding onto your dream knowledge so that you can use it.
If you came to my Dream Interpretation class last week you will remember some of these tips ...
1. Make an effort to go to sleep when you are feeling calm. Choose your pre-sleep activities carefully. If you fall into bed exhausted each night, the chance of recalling your dreams is diminished. Turn off the TV. Take time to relax by listening to some calming music or a meditation track (try the subliminal meditations with beach waves from Quiet Earth Publishing - they are fantastic) and drink some lemon and ginger tea.
2. Turn the lights down low. Use the dimmer switch in your living room and bedroom. The brain and body start to switch off when it gets darker. Help yourself unwind, de-stress and you will help your dream recall too.
3. If you have an alarm clock, set it to an easy listening station rather than the usual beeping or loud music. This allows you to gradually wake and remember, rather than shocking your system and losing the dream immediately. I use the Sleep Cycle app on my iPhone to wake up. It also records my sleep patterns and shows me the quality of my sleep.
4. Try to go to bed hydrated. Drink plenty of water before you go to sleep. Sleep studies have shown that the brain cells that affect memory (and all of our cells, in truth) work more effectively when they are hydrated.
5. Don't get too hot while you sleep. Electric blankets and fluffy doonas can inhibit dream recall. If you can live without them or decrease their use, you will be able to remember dreams more clearly and easily.
6. When you wake up, keep a dream journal or small Dictaphone (or iPhone voice memos work too) near your bed to record dream scenarios, themes and symbols. The longer you leave the notation or recording, the less chance there is of remembering it.
Then when you are interpreting your dreams, Leon Nacson (who wrote the book 'Stream of Dreams') suggests that you eliminate everything that can be easily explained such as events related to a TV program you saw. Focus on the most interesting and insightful portions of the dream and record your emotions too. For example, dreaming of a reunion with old school friends may hint that it's time to take a holiday and reconnect with people whose company you enjoy.
Blessings Pip x
Well I am glad you asked ... this week's blog is about using colour to lift your mood. If you have ever felt low on energy or just a bit 'blah' ... it probably would not have occurred to you to look at what you are wearing.
Recent studies into colour and light energy have shown that if we wear dull or dark colours it tends to affect our mood, keeping us in a low vibrational state.
The current research shows that the colours that lift our mood most effectively are the ones that match the colours of our chakras (energy centres of the body)**.
* White activates the crown chakra (top of the head),
* Purple activates the third eye chakra (between the eyebrows)
* Blue activates the throat chakra (throat area)
* Green & Pink activates the heart chakra (heart area)
* Yellow activates the solar plexus chakra (stomach area)
* Orange activates the sacral chakra (lower abdomen area)
* Red activates the base chakra (base of the spine)
That is why we use crystals of the same colours to amplify and clear the chakras when we do a crystal chakra balance. *Check out the Crystals 101 course starting on the 22nd March - if you want to learn more.
So, when you want to feel better, reach for your brightest scarf, rainbow skirt or your old 'flouro' 1980's t-shirt ... it'll perk you right up!
p.s. the laugh you will have when you see yourself in the mirror (especially with the 'flouro' t-shirt on) will only help to increase the effects of the coloured clothes.
May you feel the good colour vibes this week.
Blessings Pip xxx
**NOTE: The chakra system points out that all the energy sustaining us is ultimately spiritual energy. Each chakra is visualized as a spinning wheel along the spine. The spinning refers to the chakra acting like a generator. A little dynamo of life energy. But because this energy is spiritual, it is not like electricity. Spiritual energy is intelligent. It brings you everything you need in life. It makes wishes become reality. It removes obstacles that stand in your way.
This weeks blog is about power we have to make a difference ...
I have met some really amazing people this week.
Small business owners who are inspired to help their clients resolve their problems. Clients who have finally made the decision to take care of themselves and call me after months of having my number in their bag. Friends who have offered to help me teach a meditation class and made it 100% better. My sister who went to the movies, ate Mexican food and let me sleep over on a "school night".
And speaking of movies ... please go and see 'Hidden Figures' ... it is a BRILLIANT movie about the African American women who worked at NASA in the 1960's. They changed laws and were just ... Wow! Amazing!
You might not think that you are making a big difference in anyone's life, but think again ...
Have you ever thought about someone and called them to find they were lonely and needed to chat?
Have you ever picked up rubbish on the beach?
Have you ever visited someone in hospital or nursing home?
Have you ever stayed at work a bit later and washed the dishes?
Have you ever bought someone a coffee or gift just because you could?
People appreciated those acts of kindness, whether you were told or not.
Of course, I am always delighted when someone says 'thank you ... you made me feel better, or happier, or more relaxed' ... but not everyone can speak the words. So, I have to trust that when they leave they will share the love and maybe pass on their good feeling to others.
I ask you to keep being that difference in someone's life this week.
Blessings Pip x
This week's blog is about how sometimes we all need help ...
Sometimes we are sad ... and we need to be hugged.
Sometimes we are angry ... and we need to be heard.
Sometimes we are scared ... and we need to feel safe.
Sometimes we are bored ... and we need a pep talk.
We need other people to have a healthy life. It's been proven that interactions with other human beings are necessary to thrive and grow.
I know I have skills ... I have skills that I teach to others ... but every now and then I get stuck.
Lately, I have been feeling unsatisfied with my business. I'm so grateful to be self-employed and I am meeting some amazing, spiritual, kind and passionate people. But despite all my focused attention recently, I have been just covering all my expenses, with not much left to spare.
I want to take things to the next level. I want more ... more freedom, more time to travel and more surplus income.
My old beliefs about earning more money were coming up ... 'If you want more you have to work harder.' This was really blocking my success.
I have heard from various teachers that it is possible to increase your income by working 'smarter rather than harder' ... but I didn't really know HOW to put that strategy in place.
So, I turned to my mentors for advice ... people who are successful in the Wellness industry ... Tony Robbins, Doreen Virtue, Louise Hay, Wayne Dyer, Brian Weiss, Robert Holden and Jean Haner.
I found out (from Jean Haner - Your Hidden Symmetry) that I am in the energy of a year where I will have lots of ideas, but might get stuck on following through. This is my year to find a coach / mentor or counsellor to help me.
Now as it turns out I had met a delightful, talented and dynamic woman last year who runs a business coaching women. And all I could think about, when I read this advice, was her. Ahhh ... I just love divine timing.
It was like my angels, guides and the whole Universe were saying: 'She is the person you need to call, Pip ... Do it! You KNOW this is right!'
So, I called her ... had an initial meeting ... and I feel the juices of creativity and passion flowing again ... and I know this is going to be the beginning of a wonderful partnership. This is going to shift things to the next level. I am REALLY looking forward to being helped.
So, I ask you ... who do you need to call that can help you?
It's that person whose flyer you keep seeing. The advert you keep hearing on the radio. That card you have had in your wallet for 6 months.
Trust your intuition. You know who it is. Do it!
Let me know if I can be of any assistance.
Blessings Pip xxx
All Angel Card Reading Angel Protection Arthritis Relief Asthma Relief Benefits Of Reiki Breathing Burn Relief Chakra Cleansing Chakras Cleansing The Third Eye Cleansing Yourself Clearing Yourself Communicate With Your Angels Crystal Grids And Layouts Crystals Deepak Chopra Emotional Pain Relief Energy Centres Of The Body Focused Intention Focus Your Mind Follow Through On Plans Geometric Shapes Headache Relief Healing Improve Your Intuition Intuitive Readings Learn How To Read People's Energy Letting Go Of Hurt Mantras Masuru Emoto Meditation Meditation Classes Mediumship Negative Energy Pain Relief Past Life Meditation And Healing Pendulums Protecting Yourself Psychic Development Reiki Energy Healing Reiki Level One Course Relaxation Resolutions Sanskrit Stress Relief Well-Being Magazine