This week's blog is about being kind to yourself at Christmas ...
At this time of the year our ego is in overdrive.
It pushes us to compete and struggle and let’s just be honest, try to buy people’s love.
Honour this truth. This is a safe space. I've got you.
I will always encourage you to take care of yourself.
But at this time of the year I always see clients who are totally losing their centre.
I have a few tips for you to find your way back.
Be willing to take a step back this year.
Take a moment to BE loving and kind to others.
TIPS FOR FINDING YOUR CENTRE AT CHRISTMAS
1. Give the gift of time - spend time ALONE as much as you can to recharge ... and then when you spend time with people - make it quality time rather than giving them a token. Go for coffee and chat. Go for a walk and talk. Enjoy some time in their (or your) garden or park or beach. Relish the time.
2. Give the gift of service - gift vouchers with skills that are uniquely yours ... eg. car maintenance class, change a tyre on a bike (or car) class, how to scrapbook class, how to knit class, 30 minute reiki energy healing session, how to take a good photo class, 30 minute massage, how to use Facebook or Instagram, how to load the dishwasher so it cleans everything perfectly, how to download photos from your phone, or some other skill that you are good at but other people can't do. We don't realise how many skills we have.
3. Play - this time of year is supposed to be about love and joy. But we seem to fill it with stressful events. Find time to play games, watch funny movies, listen to happy music, or tell silly stories with your family and friends. They don't have to be Christmas themed. Just make sure they are joyful and high vibrational.
4. Simplify - sometimes we think that the only way to have a good time is to have a BIG AFFAIR. That is not true. How about taking the pressure off yourself. Try less food, less rules, less people and see how much less drama there is.
5. No obligations - I give you permission to NOT GO if you don’t feel good about the event or the people. You are allowed to protect your beautiful self. It is not your responsibility to make everyone else happy. Make a promise to yourself to honour YOU this year. If you still choose to go to the event - give yourself a time limit - and then graciously make your exit when you feel yourself feeling overwhelmed or upset.
Mike Robbins ... says in his book ‘Nothing changes until you do’ ... that the common denominator in all your relationships is YOU.
He says to recognise the pattern -> acknowledge -> fortive and then change.
Rather than recognise the pattern -> acknowledge -> punish and repeat it.
My wish for you this year to be loving, kind and honour yourself this Christmas.
I'm here is you need some help.
Blessings Pip x
p.s. My 30 minute Reiki Recharge offer (with free 'what the expect for 2019' numerology) is still available on Tuesdays, Thursdays and Saturdays until 22nd December. Other services are also available - give me a call on 0437 670 820 if you are not sure what you need.
Anita Moorjani shared this analogy today on her radio show and I loved it!
It fits perfectly with what I wanted to share this week.
Your mind, body and spirit are like a smart phone.
You wouldn’t try to use your phone if it’s not charged, right?
I mean, you can’t! It’s empty.
But we try to use our bodies and minds when they are empty don’t we?
We need to take this in for a moment.
Take a moment to really get this.
Is your battery drained?
Are you over committed?
Do you do too much for others?
Are you falling into bed exhausted?
How long are you going to keep going?
So, I’m offering you a safe space to admit that you’ve been thinking and behaving like you are a smart phone with unlimited battery life.
I’m offering you a chance to see clearly, know and feel deeply that this is not serving you.
I’m giving you the gift of insight.
From here you can make shifts.
From here you can start to honour yourself.
From here you can feel more fulfilled.
From here you can be happy.
And you don’t have to do it alone.
I can help you.
Here are some tips:
- Shut off the ‘apps’ that drain your battery eg. Say no to things you don’t want to do and limit time with people who make you feel bad or tired. Cheryl Richardson says that it's the things we delete from our life that make the most difference for us to shift.
- Ask for help ... you don’t have to do any of this life alone. Being stubbornly independent is lonely and not our soul’s purpose.
- Be kind and loving to yourself - no one around you is responsible for being kind and loving to you, its time to take back your power.
- Write a list of things that fill up your battery (no limits) eg. take a bath, reading a book, listening to music, dancing, have a reiki session or a massage, walk on the beach, do a meditation, or coffee time with friends etc.
- Start to do one of these things every week and then gradually move to daily (15-30 minutes) - baby steps.
Take some time for yourself once a week during this holiday season to recharge your batteries.
Your mind, body and spirit will appreciate it.
I'm offering ... a 30 minute special - until December 22nd.
Reiki 30 minute Recharge Session $60 (includes a healing meditation and free ‘what to expect for 2019’ Numerology Reading).
Appointments available on Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday.
Book by calling or texting 0437 670 820 or email: email@example.com
I look forward to seeing you.
Blessings Pip x
References: Anita Moorjani - Dying to be me (book) and Cheryl Richardson - The Art of Extreme Self Care (book).
All Angel Card Reading Angel Protection Arthritis Relief Asthma Relief Benefits Of Reiki Breathing Burn Relief Chakra Cleansing Chakras Cleansing The Third Eye Cleansing Yourself Clearing Yourself Communicate With Your Angels Crystal Grids And Layouts Crystals Deepak Chopra Emotional Pain Relief Energy Centres Of The Body Focused Intention Focus Your Mind Follow Through On Plans Geometric Shapes Headache Relief Healing Improve Your Intuition Intuitive Readings Learn How To Read People's Energy Letting Go Of Hurt Mantras Masuru Emoto Meditation Meditation Classes Mediumship Negative Energy Pain Relief Past Life Meditation And Healing Pendulums Protecting Yourself Psychic Development Reiki Energy Healing Reiki Level One Course Relaxation Resolutions Sanskrit Stress Relief Well-Being Magazine